Committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected
One of the biggest changes to data protection law comes into effect on Friday 25 May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation, also known as GDPR, means that individuals will have more control over how their personal data is used.
Arthur Atkinson is the “controller” of any personal information that you share with us, as we make decisions on what information we hold and what we do with it. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, in line with current applicable data privacy laws. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website and our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy in future, so please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
Should you have any questions regarding our management of your personal data that may of been not answered here or need further information, here are our contact details:
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Arthur Atkinson’s appointed Data Protection contact is Sarah Atkinson
• Telephone: 01423 863214
• Email: email@example.com
• Address: Arthur Atkinson, 41 Chain Lane, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, HG5 0DH
Information we collect
We may collect the following information: on our website or over the phone when placing an order:
• contact information including email address and telephone number
• address and postcode
• calls may be recorded for training and quality reasons
• card or payment details if you make a purchase (please note when placing an order through our website you will be transferred to a third party gateway, Arthur Atkinson do not hold your payment details we only receive confirmation when the payment is processed and complete like wise with card payments over the phone no card numbers are stored)
• details of your purchases you make and goods you require are stored for accounting purposes only
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information in the course of our business and in connection with delivering goods to you:
• to take payment for the goods you order. Please note that all payment and card data we may take is managed by a third party
• answer your enquiries
• contact you to make or discuss delivery or to take legal action for non-payment of goods supplied.
We do not collect any personal information from you that we do not need to facilitate these tasks.
How long we store your data
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the original purpose of holding it. The data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
• you have withdrawn your consent for us to hold your information and there is no legal, contractual or legitimate business interest (ie accounting purposes) to retain it
• the original purpose for processing your data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more
• the data is no longer up to date or accurate, but you do have the opportunity to keep us updated
How you control your personal information
If you have ordered goods through Arthur Atkinson, we will use your information in order to fulfil our contract with you. We will retain your name, address, email address and telephone number along with any other information you have provided to us in order to remain in contact with you for the purpose of your order only.
If you have purchased services from us in the past, we will not contact you for marketing purposes we believe if you require our services you will contact us.
How we protect your information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for known threats in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We also use regular malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have a number of rights regarding your personal information that we hold. You can contact us using the email or telephone details above about these:
• you have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is not accurate or complete. Please contact us and let us know what we need to change
• you have the right of access to your data. Please get in touch with us and we will let you know what personal data we hold
• you have the right to have your personal data deleted. If you request this, please note that we will do this as soon as possible after all matters and enquiries relating to the order have been fully resolved